We are seeking a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing organization. We are passionate about using the latest technology and cloud based tools to tackle large scale challenges. Qualified candidates should have an appreciation for running platforms in the cloud with respect to security, scalability, resiliency, cost, performance, and complexity. Experience implementing solutions in a commercial cloud service is a strong plus. A successful candidate should be self directed and excited about working with both current and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Science, or equivalent experience.
Required Experience and Skill
- 5+ years experience with scripting and coding languages with at least two of the following:
- 3+ years of experience working with at least one of the major cloud service providers: AWS, GCP, Azure.
- 3+ years of experience using configuration management and cloud orchestration technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation.
- Experience implementing fully automated CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, or Github Packages.
- Working knowledge of Gitflow Workflow
- Experience implementing containerized deployments for enterprise level applications using Docker.
- Experience using Kubernetes for container cluster management and scaling.
- Experience implementing logging and monitoring solutions using the ELK stack or similar tool sets such as Prometheus, Datadog, Nagios, or AWS CloudWatch.
- Experience working with tools such as Maven, Gradle, Ant, NPM, or Yarn.
- Experience working with Linux based frameworks (Ubuntu, Debian, RedHat, CentOS, Fedora) is a plus
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and concepts such as data consistency. Experience with NoSQL and/or relational databases is a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTTP load balancers such as Nginx or HAProxy is a plus.
- Superior communication and technical writing skills, with ability to engage, present, and communicate with senior technical and business stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and issues with project timeframes or scope and manage expectations with all involved stakeholders.